(View our T-PAK product reference guide for specifications and ordering information.)
T-PAK® Probes & Assemblies
T-PAK® thermocouples are mineral insulated, metal sheathed probes assemblies that are accurate and sensitive. The outer sheath of stainless steel or other alloys, coupled with tightly compacted magnesia (MgO), ensures relatively long life by protecting the thermocouple from oxidizing, reducing or other corrosive atmospheres.
- Mineral Insulated Metal Sheathed
- Rugged Construction
- J, K, T, E and N Calibrations
- Probes and Assemblies in all sizes and sheath configurations
- General Purpose or Spring Loaded Mounting, with or without Thermowells
- Nipple, Nipple-Union-Nipple or Bushing Extension Hardware
- CSA Approved Assemblies for Hazardous Locations in certain configurations
- Custom Configurations
- Head Mounted Transmitter options
- In-house calibration available
- Long Stable Life: Long element life is assured because the construction protects the conductor from adverse environmental effects.
- Mechanical Strength: The tightly compacted powder contained within the tough metal sheath locks the wires rigidly in position, permitting the cable to be bent, flattened, or twisted.
- Rapid Response: The small mass and high thermal conductivity promotes rapid heat transfer from heat source to measuring junction.
- Electrical Shielding: The sheath offers excellent shielding against electrostatic interference in sensitive temperature measuring circuits.
- Insulation Resistance: High insulation resistance is maintained over wide range of temperature and humidity conditions.
- Moisture/Pressure: The homogeneous metal sheath is impervious to most liquids and gases and will withstand high external pressure.
- Long Lengths: Continuous lengths up to 2000 feet are available in 1/8” diameter. Splicing can extend this length considerably.
- Ease of Installation: The pliable construction of the cable allows it to be easily bent to a tight radius and retain its form after being bent. Its metal sheath can be welded or brazed to special attachments.
- Corrosion Resistance: Many sheath materials are available to ensure the proper selection depending on the detrimental elements present in the specific environment.